To help Central Okanagan residents with their local food / food security concerns during the past Municipal and Regional District elections, the Central Okanagan Food Policy Council (COFPC) sent out a few questions to mayoral and councillor candidates in Lake Country, Kelowna, West Kelowna and Peachland, along with candidates for Regional Directors in the Central Okanagan Regional District. As we are a politically neutral organization, this initiative was for information purposes only.
We thank those candidates who took the time to address the questions, and look forward to working with all of the local Councils and Directors to work towards a food secure future.
Here is the format sent out:
- What do you think are the top priorities to ensure a food secure community?
- What are some ways you will support local farmers?
- What are your plans for a permanent farmers market, which is easily accessible by transit, pedestrian, and vehicular traffic.
- Would you change the regulations surrounding chickens and / or bees in urban areas?
- How are you going to increase the number of community gardens and farm-to-school programs?
To see all of the answers, please go to Post Categories on right side of page, where you can easily choose your local area. We have posted the answers from elected candidates.
Thank you to all of the candidates!