The Central Okanagan Food Policy Council is comprised of Board Members (voting) and general members, who meet once a month throughout the year.
Our last Annual General Meeting was held – December 13, 2011
- Board Members – Our food policy council is always open to having new people on board who would like to spearhead new initiatives. If you have skill sets and energy that can help move us forward, we would like to hear from you.
If you have a passion for food security / farming / local food / healthy food issues, and see a need for change in a particular area of interest, let us know, or contact Marcel Knittel – email@example.com
We currently have 3 different sub-committees to get involved with. Join Us!
- Fruit Tree Project - We put together a ‘gleaning’ team for 2012 growing season, collecting over 4,000 lbs of various fruits! With even more trees already registered for next year, we are looking for people interested in working on various activities, such as:
- Mapping Fruit Trees;
- Liasing with local groups who may want to partner on, or benefit from this project;
- Those who would like to do the gleaning and;
- People with knowledge of drying, canning or other preservation methods.
- Please contact Laura Hzu – firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also volunteer here
- Education Committee – The education committee is responsible for getting the word out on food issues. You can see us at events such as the yearly Organic Okanagan Festival. Please contact Elana Westers – email@example.com
- Information Committee – Our focus is on building a database of food security information within the Central Okanagan region. Please contact Casey Hamilton - firstname.lastname@example.org