The Central Okanagan Food Policy Council is looking for board members to join our team!
The COFPC’s AGM is coming up on December 7, 2017, and there is opportunity to join our board! While we welcome new board members at any time, the AGM is a good time to learn about what we do and talk to other board members to hear what it’s all about.
Do you have experience in accounting, marketing, human resources or law? Our organization is growing and we are looking for people than can help us succeed in our growth!
This working board meets monthly at Canadian Mental Health Association Kelowna for 2 hours. An additional 2-4 hours per month is expected.
Some of the activities that the board is involved with include:
– decision making for project direction
– organizing community engagement events
– applying for grants
– human resources, including the development of consultant contracts
– financial management of grant funds
– marketing and communications of projects, activities and events
– membership recruitment and retention
– working with local government on food security related policy development
– working with other community agencies to support food security activities
– ensuring COFPC is in compliance with Society Act
Please contact us or come to the AGM if you are interesting in learning more or joining the board!